Equine Chiropractic and Acupuncture
Dr. Randy Huenefeld has been trained in many forms of holistic healthcare. These systems include:
· Veterinary Chiropractic Care - certified through the IVCA (International Veterinary Chiropractic Association). He is an instructor in Veterinary Chiropractic and an examiner for the IVCA helping certify new graduates.
· Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine - certified through the CHI Institute with training in Florida and China in Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Tui-na.
· Applied Kinesiology - studies with Dr. Carl DeStefano in Chicago.
· Class IV laser therapy - for acupuncture and local laser therapy
· Many other treatment forms including Craniosacral, Mesotherapy, Prolotherapy, energy techniques, Equine Sport Massage, etc.
All these modalities are combined to maximize the effectiveness of treatment of the patient. While many treatments are directed at treating a specific problem, the goal is to use these treatments to help prevent disease and injury.
None of these treatment systems should replace a Western Veterinary exam. Holistic care is great for treating many of the functional problems seen that traditional Western Veterinary medicine can not treat effectively. BUT, a horse with a bone chip or a diabetic dog needs good Western Veterinary care along with Holistic healthcare.
There are many different paths that may be used to treat the same problem. The goal of every system is a heathy patient.
Dr. Randy Huenefeld is licensed to practice in Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. His main practice area is the Kansas City area and he provides in clinic care at Rolling Meadows Animal Hospital in Adrian, MO. He has been providing equine chiropractic care, pet chiropractic care and acupuncture services since 2007-2008.
For appointments call: Rolling Meadows Animal Hospital 816-297-2006 Adrianvet.com